Specifically designed for field sampling, Whatman Polycap GW ground water sampling filter capsules are a polyethersulfone (PES) filter that can be used as a convenient in-line filter unit.
• Stepped hose barb fittings allow for connection directly to outlet of a sampling pump with various size tubing
• Effective filtration surface area of 600 cm˛ to ensure rapid sample collection
• PES filters in thermally fused housing eliminate sample contamination that could come from glues, adhesives, metals, epoxies, or extraneous materials
• Lot number printed on each unit for traceability supports use in regulated field sampling methods such as EPA Method 3005 for ground water analysis
• Well suited for ground water sampling as a dissolved metals filter
Whatman Polycap filter capsules are available for a variety of applications.
PES filter for ground water sampling
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other environmental protection agencies have protocols specifying support of ground water sampling with a 0.45 µm filter prior to analyzing dissolved or suspended metals (EPA Method 3005).
Whatman Polycap GW PES filter capsules support dissolved metals filtering during field sampling and can be connected directly to a sampling pump. These filters are appropriate for use in EPA methods that specify use of a 0.45 µm filter.