Whatman™ PolyVENT filters are integral venting filters that work bidirectionally to prevent contaminants from entering vessels like fermentation tanks during draining or filling.
• 0.2 µm hydrophobic PTFE air filters are ideal industrial air filter media
• Validated for 50 steam autoclave cycles; compatible with ethylene oxide (EtO)
• Testable by water break through (WBT) test or bubble point testing
• Passes USP Class VI biosafety tests for plastics
• Manufactured in clean room facilities
• Range of filtration areas from 4–1000 cm˛ to support filtration volumes as small as one liter and as large as a large tank vessel
Whatman™ PolyVENT venting filter
Draining or filling of incubators, fermentation tanks, and other vessels requires a venting filter capable of preventing bacterial contamination. With an integral PTFE filter membrane, Whatman™ PolyVENT acts as an industrial air filter media for sterilization* of gases entering bioreactors such as fermentation tanks.