Whatman™ Grade GF 8 glass microfiber filters are used for filtration of coarse particles. GF 8 offers faster filtration and a higher air flow rate compared to the similar Grade GF 9 filters.
• Nominal particle retention of 3 µm
• Air flow rate of 12 s/100 ml/1.56 cm2
• Inorganic binder for increased strength and temperature resistant up to 500°C
• Fast filtration speed
• Can be used as a pre-filter for dense samples
• Function as air pollution filters for detecting furans, PCB, and other chemicals
Environmental pollution analyses often require binder-strengthened glass filters to support heavy samples. Several options are available in the Whatman™ range of glass filters with binder.
Air pollution filters for furans and other pollutants
With the added strength of an inorganic binder, grade GF 8 glass microfiber filters serve as air pollution filters by retaining a range of heavy particles found in vapor samples. Other applications include:
• Air pollution filters for PCB*, DDE, DDT, furans, and dioxin retention for analysis
• Pollution measurements in industrial, urban, and populated areas
• Workplace dust measurements
• Measurement of dust fraction in technical gases
• Dust-collecting effectiveness testing