Whatman Grade GF 8 glass microfiber filters are used for filtration of coarse particles. GF 8 offers faster filtration and a higher air flow rate compared to the similar Grade GF 9 filters.
• Nominal particle retention of 3 µm
• Air flow rate of 12 s/100 ml/1.56 cm2
• Inorganic binder for increased strength and temperature resistant up to 500°C
• Fast filtration speed
• Can be used as a pre-filter for dense samples
• Function as air pollution filters for detecting furans, PCB, and other chemicals
Environmental pollution analyses often require binder-strengthened glass filters to support heavy samples. Several options are available in the Whatman range of glass filters with binder.
Air pollution filters for furans and other pollutants
With the added strength of an inorganic binder, grade GF 8 glass microfiber filters serve as air pollution filters by retaining a range of heavy particles found in vapor samples. Other applications include:
• Air pollution filters for PCB*, DDE, DDT, furans, and dioxin retention for analysis
• Pollution measurements in industrial, urban, and populated areas
• Workplace dust measurements
• Measurement of dust fraction in technical gases
• Dust-collecting effectiveness testing