Whatman™ Grade GF 9 glass microfiber filters are strengthened with an inorganic binder for environmental analysis of coarse, heavy samples.
• Retention of coarse particles (~ 3 µm)
• Strengthened with inorganic binder
• Can withstand temperatures up to 500°C
• Medium filtration speed
• Can be used as a pre-filter for dense samples
We provide a number of binder-strengthened filters for use in varied environmental analyses. Browse the Whatman™ range of glass filters to find the right binder and retention for your application.
Strength for environmental analysis
Grade GF 9 borosilicate glass filters can be used in a range of environmental analysis applications. The added strength of the inorganic binder makes these filters appropriate for use in retention of samples with heavy particles. Other applications include:
• Determination of PCB*, DDE, DDT, furans, and dioxins in air
• Pollution measurements in industrial, urban, and populated areas
• Dust measurements in the workplace
• Determination of dust fraction in technical gases
• Testing the effectiveness of dust-collecting