Cellulose nitrate Whatman membrane filters offer narrow sub-micron pore size distribution and low extractable levels. Very fine particles can be retained for recovery or microscopic viewing.
• Standard membrane filter for most applications involving particles and cells from 0.1 µm to 12.0 µm
• Samples are retained on the surface for easy microscopic analysis and recovery
• Temperature-resistant cellulose nitrate can withstand autoclaving up to 121°C with no loss in integrity
• Whatman membrane filters exhibit a low shrinkage during autoclaving, reducing tearing
• High strength and flexibility prevent tearing during handling, loading, and autoclaving
We offer other sterile and nonsterile cellulose nitrate Whatman membrane filters.
Strong, flexible Whatman membrane filters
Whatman cellulose nitrate membranes are manufactured to have strength and flexibility, as well as reduced shrinkage during autoclaving, to support physical recovery of deposits.
Cellulose nitrate membranes retain very fine particles
Whatman Cellulose nitrate membrane filters collect even very fine particles on the white membrane surface for colony counting, particle counting, and sterility testing of dark samples.