Whatman Grade 113V creped filter paper, for use with a conical filter funnel, offers fast filtration and high loading capacity for analysis involving coarse particles or gelatinous precipitates.
• Extremely fast filtration (Herzberg 28s)
• Wet-strengthened with chemically stable resin
• Retention of coarse particles: nominal particle retention rating of 30 µm
• Creped filter paper supports high loading capacity
• Fluted (pre-pleated) for easy use in applications involving a conical filter funnel
Note: Grade 113V is strengthened with chemically stable resin. However, these paper filters do contain nitrogen and should therefore not be used in Kjeldahl estimations or other nitrogen-sensitive procedures.
We offer Whatman qualitative filter paper in a variety of particle retention ratings and formats to support your filtration application. See our other wet-strengthened and standard grades to find the right filter for your analysis.
Wet-strengthened creped filter paper
Creped filter paper, which has a rough surface, is designed to increase loading capacity. Fluted (pre-pleated) paper filters eliminate the need to quadrant-fold circles in repetitive or multiple analyses.
Whatman Grade 113V paper filters are further strengthened with chemically stable resin that increases wet-strength without introducing significant impurities to the filtrate. Strengthening the paper expands the range of sample types that can be separated in a conical filter funnel.