Whatman Grade 114V smooth filter paper is wet-strengthened for high mechanical stability. Grade 114V fluted filters are suitable for recovery of large particles and gelatinous precipitates.
• Nominal particle retention rating of 25 µm
• Fast filtration (Herzberg 38 s)
• Chemically stable resin provides increased wet-strength
• Fluted (pre-pleated) filter sheet for ease-of-use and compatibility with conical funnels
• Smooth filter surface for efficient recovery of precipitates
Note: Grade 114V is strengthened with a chemically stable resin that contains nitrogen. Grade 114V should not be used in Kjeldahl estimations or other nitrogen-sensitive procedures.
We offer Whatman qualitative filter paper in a variety of nominal particle retention ratings. See other other wet-strengthened and standard grades to find the right filter for your application.
Prepleated (fluted) filter papers
Whatman Grade 114V filter paper is wet-strengthened with a chemically stable resin that does not add significant impurities to the filtrate. It is designed for procedures requiring high wet mechanical strength, such as recovery of a gelatinous precipitate after vacuum filtration without filter tearing.