SPARTAN syringe filters provide reproducible filtration for ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) sample preparation.
• Hydrophilic membrane made of regenerated cellulose exhibits low protein binding
• Ready-to-use filter unit with polycarbonate housing
• Excellent chemical resistance to common aqueous and organic solvents, so recommended for HPLC sample preparation
• Tested and certified for the absence of UV-absorbing substances at wavelengths of 210 and 254 nm with water, methanol, and acetonitrile
• Documented batch-to-batch quality and consistency, ensuring reproducible results
SPARTAN HPLC filter for HPLC sample preparation
HPLC sample preparation often requires a filtration step before samples can be used in the liquid chromatography column. This step helps to clarify peaks of compounds being analyzed and protects the column from large particles that might damage it.
SPARTAN filters cater to this need, because their regenerated cellulose hydrophilic membrane is resistant to common HPLC solvents and exhibits very low levels of extractables that could otherwise interfere with analysis.
In addition to their use as HPLC syringe filters, SPARTAN filters can be used in capillary electrophoresis, protein filtration, UV/VIS analysis, and any application requiring a chemically resistant, low protein binding, hydrophilic membrane in a polycarbonate housing.