Whatman cellulose thimbles are manufactured from high-quality alpha cellulose cotton linter for high-performance use in automated Soxhlet extractor systems. Used in air and waste gas analysis.
• Used in a wide variety of solid-liquid extraction studies, including lipid and pesticide analyses in food and soil samples
• Suitable for temperatures up to 120°C (248°F)
• Excellent mechanical strength and retention
• Wall thickness of standard thimbles is 1–1.5 mm to support application need
• Option for double thickness for added rigidity
Other Whatman extraction thimbles are available.
Cellulose thimble options for Soxhlet extractor systems
Standard extraction thimbles have a wall thickness of 1–1.5 mm. Double-thickness thimbles have a wall thickness of approximately 2 mm for applications that require higher retention, increased wet or dry strength, or increased rigidity. Measurements can be matched to specific Soxhlet extractor systems.