Whatman non-sterile mixed cellulose ester (MCE) filters are suitable for E. coli culturing, enumeration of bacteria, and other culturing and cell counting methods.
• Plain and gridded options for ease of colony and cell counting methods
• Supports visual enumeration of bacteria
• Appropriate for bacterial culturing, including E. coli culturing
• Biologically inert with good thermal stability
• Uniform microporous structure results in high flow rates when used for filtering
Whatman MCE filters are composed of cellulose acetate and cellulose nitrate, giving the membrane a more uniform surface than pure nitrocellulose filters. Browse other MCE filter options to find the right filter for your application.
Whatman MCE filter for E. coli culturing
MCE filters support microbiology applications such as E. coli culturing. The porous membrane structure enables the uptake of growth media to the bacterial colonies without chemically inhibiting their growth. The gridded surface simplifies visual enumeration of bacteria, including E. coli, enterococci, clostridia, fecal coliforms, staphylococci, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Plain and gridded MCE membrane options are available. The gridded option has grid lines spaced at 3.1 mm intervals. Grids are nontoxic and do not inhibit bacterial growth, ensuring sample integrity.